This church exists by the grace of God, for the glory of God, which shall be the ultimate purpose in all its activities.
This church glorifies God by loving Him and obeying His commands through:
- Worshipping Him.
- Equipping the saints through Bible instruction and study.
- Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching and personal evangelism and any other means consistent with the teachings of Holy Scripture.
- Encouraging, supporting, and participating in missions work, local, domestic, and international.
- Administering the ordinances of baptism and communion.
- Encouraging Biblical fellowship among believers.
- Serving other individuals, families, and churches by providing for physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Importance of Prayer
No Time is So Well Spent!
-- by J.C. Ryle
- the mightiest weapon that God has placed in our hands,
- the best weapon to use in every difficulty,
- the surest remedy in every trouble,
- the key that unlocks the treasury of promises,
- the hand that draws forth grace and help in time of need,
- the silver trumpet that God commands us to sound in all our necessity,
- the cry He has promised always to listen to, just as a loving mother listens attentively to the cry of her child.
Be sure that no time is so well spent, as that which a man spends on his knees.
What is the reason that some believers are so much brighter and holier than others?
- I believe the difference, in nineteen cases out of twenty, arises from different habits in private prayer.
- I believe that those who are not eminently holy, pray little--and those who are eminently holy, pray much.
What is the cause of most backslidings?
- I believe, as a general rule, one of the chief causes is neglect of private prayer.
- People are backsliders on their knees, long before they backslide openly in the eyes of the world.
Fear not because your prayer is stammering, your words feeble, and your language poor.
Jesus can understand you!
Col. 4:2 "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving."
Spring Lake Baptist Church was founded on May 19, 1985. Its Charter Service was held on September 15, 1985 with guest speakers Rev. Tommy Willis, Rev. Otis Clampitt, and Rev. Roy Wells. The Dedication Service was held on October 6, 1985 with guest speaker Rev. Doby Salmons.
The church started with Rev. Frank McGuire as Pastor and 18 charter members.
Pastor McGuire went home to be with the Lord on June 5, 1991 and has since been succeeded by:
- Pastor Lenny Rogers
- Pastor Keith Jones
- Pastor Clint McCann